When we first told friends that we would like to have a baby next year, they told us that we need to be realistic and give ourselves at least 6 months before we conceive (considering my age and all). So, we calculated backwards - 9 months of pregnancy and around the time next year we see ourselves with a baby... so, we should start trying June 2008. And we did - round about end of May (what's a few days, we thought). Well, guess what? We hit the Jackpot the first time! Actually, we have God to thank as we know that this was only possible as the little one is a gift from him. Random selection of the Darwin kind would have proven this to be impossible considering the odds we're facing.
Anyhoo... I am, as of today, 11 weeks and 5 days pregnant. Here's what it has been so far:
- No morning sickness!!!
- Reasonably good appetite
- Wonderful, understanding boss and colleagues who insist that I slack
- Even more amazingly accommodating husband
- Nothing in my closet fits anymore!!!
- Have to eat small meals all day through
- Having to sleep with body propped up to ease indigestion
- Battling self-induced insecurities about self-identity and accomplishment at work